Thursday, September 3, 2009

new larch #13

Mauro Stemberger has styled this enormous European larch which obviously was a tree collected in Italy a few years ago. Hi lives in the north of Italy in the lowlands. There the climate is not good at all for larches and it is getting worse due to climate change. So he offered this one to me for trade.

Ironically he took an Austrian black pine, Pinus nigra austriaca, for it which is a typical pine for Italy and not at all for Germany or even Austria despite it's name. He collects 'species' and apparently did not have a European black pine. He said that they don't really use them and I have more than they all. Well, I have about ten or so.

Anyway, I am happy with a European larch in my garden as they kind of like my climate. This one was full of algae when I presented it on my Late Summer Meeting. I applied my BIOTREECLEANER and one can see the great result. Then I took off most of the old long needles and then wired every branch for a couple of hours. I like the result.

The nebari of this tree is the weakest part, it is lousy. Well, I believe that if I get a rock made so that the larch looks like growing in the mountains we will overcome the nebari problem. Te last image shows sort of where I am aiming in a clumsy way.














8 comments:

V. Hobus said...

WOW!!! Wat a Great tree!!!
This virtual with a stone (pot) are very good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Walter.
Interesting tree.
I must just say that i think you should be carefull with the lighting.
I know you're trying this new thing but (in my personal opinion) I think it is too hard/light. I feel the way you did it before was a little better.
But it is just my oppinion.

Otherwise thanks for all your hard work as ussual.

Anonymous said...

what is the plant at the bsase of the tree

Walter Pall said...

This is a calluna - to hide the ugly non-existent nebari.

zopf said...

Hallo Walter
Wenn Du genügend Geduld hast,
schaue ich mir beim nächsten Besuch
mal die Proportionen für einen
künstlichen Felsen an.
mfG Dieter

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other Anomynous, the lighting in the two shots against the white background is pretty harsh. At the same time, you never learn until you try! Making mistakes is half the fun.

Anonymous said...

Schau doch mal auf Marco Invernizzis Seite. Bei prma & dopo
(vorher & nachher) auf Seite 8 unten rechts.
Der Baum dort sieht aus wie deine
larch #13

http://www.marcoinvernizzi.com/index_it.html

Philipp

Walter Pall said...

Ja, das ist natürlich derselbe Baum. Er wurde als 2005 gestaltet und eher von Marco als von Mauro Stemberger. Nun ja, mir eher egal. Ich werde den schon zu einem WP-Baum machen.

WP