Tuesday, August 14, 2007

stone for the lonely spruce

This spruce is very old. It was collected by myself in Italy in 1993. The stone has two tow very good sides. I took the one with the deeper holes for the long termm health of the tree. After the first arrangement was photographed I carried the stone to my exhibit area and it broke apart as I carreid it. What a mess. Well, now I have two stones: a large one which was used for the same spruce right away and a smaller one for future use. I liked it better before. But such is bonsai. Sh..t happens.







4 comments:

Aaron said...

It is a shame that the slab broke...

But I say you are lucky it broke now - while there was NOT a bonsai planted in it, as opposed to later!

Walter Pall said...

It sure broke WITH a bonsai in it. It broke right in between my two hands. The stone and the tree(s) and teh substrate fell all over the place. This was a shock!

Aaron said...

WOW... the bonsai gods were with you that day... that is one tough spruce!

200xth said...

In case you want to see any updates on the tree(s) above since this blog entry, here are the links to each tree(s):

1) European Spruce #9