Monday, September 6, 2010

Ezo spruce show ready

Ezo spruce, Picea jezoensis. This is one of three trees that I will bring to the "30 best bonsai in in Europe" in October to Mulhouse in France. When I chose this one I thought that i would exhibit it with all the wire on. Well, It would not have been as nice as it could be but I thought that the wire could still stay on until September 2011. Then the branches would be fixed for quite a few years. You can leave wire on old spruces for two or three years. When you take it off hey will go back a bit and ignore the new shape. Anyway, this was my thinking. But then I thought that if it really should be exhibited as one of '30 best bonsai in Europe' I must do a bit more. So I took off the wire and thought that I would have had to partially rewire it again. But now it looks great without wire and I will show it just like this in France Before it will go into the BMW exhibit which starts next week again.
Last image as of May 2008.