Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lens comparison

Some folks show an immense interest in my new Tamron lens vs. the Nikon lenses that I used before.

Here the results of taking shots of two trees at the same light with different lenses. Since I had the Nikon D40 body I used my 18-200 Nikon lenses and the Tamron 60/2.0.

So what do we learn from this? I think we can see that ALL trees look artificial with both lenses. This is because BMW puts spotlight with BLUE light onto these trees. And then we learn that the Tamron lens makes much sharper images, which is no surprise

Here the shots.

1) Nikon 18-200, 36 mm, 5.0 aperture

2) Tamron 60/2.0 aperture 5.0


3) Tamron 60/2.0 aperture2.5

4) Nikon 18-200,55mm, aperture 5.0

5) Tamron 60/2.0, aperture 5,0

2 comments:

Francesco said...

Walter,

you are comparing a zoom lens with a fixed focal lens. Of course the fixed focal wins.

What I am not convinced of is that Tamron 60/2.8 wins over Micro Nikkor 60/2.8

Walter Pall said...

Francesco,

this is not the place do discuss this. There are many photography forums. Anyway, after having made several thousand shots with the Nikon 60/2,8 and the Tamron 60/2.0 I am CONVINCED that the Tamron is clearly better. And it has a motor. So I can use it on my D200 and D40. In the majority of sophisticated tests the Tamron wins over the Nikon. So that's not a big deal. It is basically a 'religious' war between the faith in Nikon and the non-believers.