Friday, May 21, 2010

Bavarian Garden and Flower Exhibit Rosenheim 2010 #1

The whole world wants my tree for exhibits. I have to learn to say 'no'. Well, besides the ongoing BMW exhibit and the one at the South East Bavarian Convention the organizers of the Bavarian Garden and Flower Sow 2010 in Rosenheim have asked me to provide nine good trees. I selected these under the notion that the naive general public wants to see some beautiful trees, mostly Asian species which look like bonsai in the picture book. Here they are. In the past ten days I had 22 different trees on exhibit in parallel.
Rosenheim is located 60 km south of Munich, Germany, very close to the Austrian border. As you can see my exhibit is very much concentrated on the trees only. I think the neutral white pillars make that happen. All the other exhibitors have all sorts of Japanese and Chinese stuff to show how Asian this art form is. I will make more photographs of my booth and also of the others this coming week. On Sunday, May 30 starting at 2pm I will do a complimentary public demonstration for four hours for the innocent crowd.

1) Japanese maple. acer palmatum
2) Trident maple, Acer burgerianum
3) Horse chestnut, Aesculus hippocastanum
4) European spruce, Picea abies
5) Mugo pine, Pinus mugo
6) Mugo pine, Pinus mugo
7) Red hawthorn, Crateagus cuneata
8) Wild cherry, Prunus padus
9) Chinese elm, Ulmus parvifolia