Saturday, October 18, 2008

spruce final images

This is the second try for this spruce, Picea abies. I think the wooden board looks better than the table. And the colors are better and the images are shaper. I have used Nikon D200 with 60/2.8 f 11. Before it was 50/1.8 with f 11. Interesting that a macro lens is better in this case than the so called 'best' regular lens.

Of the three I prefer the first one. This I will probably enter for the WBFF photo contest.
The spruce on the stone will go to Paris for the big car show in two weeks.



4 comments:

Shaukat Islam said...

Walter,

Yes, the first pic is much better.

What I like about this composition is the small plantings at the bottom left has created a perfect balance of the tree and the stone. Very nice indeed!

Are these small plants have grown from the tree itself or additional plantings?

Shaukat

Walter Pall said...

Shaukat,

I have planted this. it is a privett, Ligustrum.

Walter

Shaukat Islam said...

Walter,

Thanks for your inputs.

I just noticed something which I would like to share with you.... as you intend to enter this for the WBFF photo contest.

-The picture quality of 1st pic is better, however, the planting at the bottom gives a flat/horizontal top kind of a look visually.....in respect to the background colour and the lower branch foliage of the tree.

-Whereas in the 2nd pic, the same planting looks very natural.

Of course, this could be due to the photographic angle when the pics were taken, and the reality it would not be so.

These are my thoughts only. What do you say?

Shaukat

Walter Pall said...

Yes, Shaukat,

I see your points.I will consider it.

Walter