Friday, May 11, 2007

garden juniper

ordinary garden juniper, Juniperus chinensis 'Pfitzeriana', blue form, 70 cm high, around 50 years old, pot Japan Tokoname.
This tree looks older than many Rocky Moutian Junipers which are way over 500 years old. It is my statement for proving that creating great bonsai is not only a matter of money and time. It is about spotting an opportunity when you have one. This tree cost 150 US$ and I bought it at an old nursery within walking distance from my home.

The photos are better today. The contrast is not so strong and there are no bad shadows. It is not that I have learned how to do this overnight. The sun was behind some slight clouds for ten minutes at exactly the right time. This is teh ideal setting, but it only hapens a few times a year. This is the drawback of using your garden as photo studio, or having to use rather.

Anyway, the tree has two sides again. I will take the one with the jin to the left and enter it for the North America vs. Europe contest. I think this should be good enough.