Thursday, January 15, 2009

Off to the Noelanders Trophy

Tomorrow morning Alex and I will drive up to Belgium ton the Noelanders Trophy. It will take about eight hours to get there.

I was asked to be official guest and to hold tree critiques on Saturday adn Sunday. I will speak around the clock about all exhibited trees in English and German. My CD and personal pin are available on a small table in the vendor area.

I will try to tak many cool pictures which I will show on Monday here.

I will exhibt three large trees and three shohin. I found that this is one of the few exhibits where one can show deciduous trees at their best. So I will not show a single conifer this time.

Acer burgerianum, trident maple
Prunus cerasifera, wild cherry in bloom
Ulmus campestre, field elm
Buxus microphyllum, Korena boxwood
Ulmus parvifolia, Chinese elm
Lonicera nitida, dwarf honeysuckle