Thursday, April 30, 2015

Demo tree for Sasturday on the castle in Poland

Why are 99.9% of all big demonstration in bonsai done with conifers? Well, it is probably because you so easily can make a fool of yourself showingf a demo with broadleaved trees. They 99% of the time look much worse than before. Only a few years after the demo they look OK. But the general public judges you by what you have left right there. and this looks very bad. Who wants to look very bad? I have not much to loose and think it's abut time to tr to make a fool of myself. Therefore I chose to work with this oriental hornbeam, Carpinus orientalis on Saturday at the Polish castle (which used to be a German castle - but that's a long  story). This tree was collected in Croatia in 2010. It is very well established and look kind of frightening, doesn't it? We will see how Thomas and I tame this beast. I will report.