Tuesday, January 2, 2007

winter silhouettes



Normally I put many of my trees into the greenhouse in  late October. Afterwards they just set there and I started to work on them one by one betwen Christmas and new Year. the work was finished by end of February (around 200 trees!) and then I started to work outside, beginning with larches.
This winter it is very different. after the warmest November we had the warmest December. Well, as we know from the American President there is no climate change. But it sure is changing the way I work. By now I am more than half through in the greenhous already.
And it is so warm outside and there is no snow, so I may as well take some winter pictures.

Here my big trident maple after I took off all leaves, edited the branches and attached some guy wires. The back side is not so bad either.