Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Int. Bonsai Academy at Hidden Gardens - Oktoberfest 2016 #3

Day three

At Hidden Gardens, south of Chicago the first Oktoberfest took place last weekend. As you can see the students work with very interesting material.

Next year's events at Hidden Gardens:

Wednesday, April 19, 2017: Int. Bonsai nAcademy evening session

Thursday to Sunday, Oct. 5 to 7, 2017: Oktoberfest 2017

Wednesday, November 29, 2017: Int. Bonsai Academy evening session




































2 comments:

Kevin Stoeveken said...

I, for one, had an incredible time at this 3 day work session !!! I really enjoyed the way it was structured around the architecture of bonsai, rather than the mechanics (such as wiring etc).

After my return to Milwaukee, I find myself looking at my own trees in a new light... I also feel somewhat emboldened in some design choices I had previously pondered, and encouraged about others I had felt at a loss for in design decisions.

The material available at The Hidden Gardens was also mind-blowing !!! (as evidenced my Walter's thorough documenting of this (and his other) event(s).

I am already looking forward to next year and I will be dragging along a couple other members of our Arbor Arts Collective...

Thanks Walter, Jennifer and especially Jeff for putting together such a unique learning and social event... Yes, let us not forget about the social aspect !!! So much fun...

Kevin S.
Milwaukee Wi.

Tom Tynan said...

I am digging Walter Pall in that Chicago Cubs hat; I hope he took that home with him.......